Advertising Topgoo Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advertising on this forum is free for you.Promote your buisness!!

The Game of the Dragon-Snake (rong ran)

Milanice

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2011-01-03

The Game of the Dragon-Snake (rong ran) Empty The Game of the Dragon-Snake (rong ran)

Post by Milanice on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:32 pm

A large group plays the children's game rong ran (dragon-snake). In One person sits on a small hill or some location above the other players; he or she acts as the doctor. The other children stand in a line, holding each other's belts to form the body of the dragon-snake.

The dragon-snake approaches the doctor. The following dialogue occurs between the doctor and the head of the line:

- Where are you going, dragon-snake?
    - Im searching for medicine for my son.
    - How old is he, your son?
    - He is one year old. - The doctor is not well.
    - He is (two, three, four, five... repeated each time) years old. - The doctor is not well.

The dialogue continues until the dragon-snake says:

- He is ten years old.

Then the doctor answers:
    - All right, the doctor is well.

With this, the doctor stands up and says:
    - Give me your head
    - Nothing but the bones

Responds the dragon-snake
    - Give me the body.
    - Nothing but the blood.
    - Give me the tail.
    - Pursue at will!

At this, the doctor flies into a rage and attempts lo catch the child who represents the tail of the dragon-snake. The head of the line stretches his or her arms to bar the doctor while the dragon-snake tries to make a circle. If the dragon-snake succeeds in rolling into a circle before the physician can touch the tail, it wins. On the contrary, if the doctor catches the tail of the dragon-snake, the entire group loses the game. All losers must stretch out their hands, palms downwards, to the winner, who slaps them one after another.

Current date/time is Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:30 am